Legacy Machinist Build Guide for PvE
Also known as the Ironman build, Genesis Legacy focuses on being in Hypersync form instead of staying in Human form.
This means that you will only be in Human form when you are using skills to charge up your meter to transform, if you prefer staying in Human form, you can check out the Arthetine Technology build.
Command: Baby Drones
Command: Flare Beam
Command: Raid Missile
If you have more skill points available there are a number of changes you can make after levelling the damaging skills to 12:
- replace Avalanche with Backflip Strike at level 7 with the tripods Excellent Mobility and Tenacity.
- This is a good change because Backflip Strike can counter with both the dash and the jump.
- With these tripods you get push immunity and greater dash distance.
- level Command: Blockade to 10 and add the Complete Blockade tripod or replace it with Command: Active Pulse.
- Command: Active Pulse is for destruction and shielding allies.
- You use the tripods, Wide-Angle Attack, Pulse Shield and Pulse Stack.
- If you aren't comfortable using your drone yet, you can replace Wide-Angle Attack with Precision Fire as it allows you to just aim the skill with your mouse as opposed to moving the drone yourself.
How to play
You can freely move your drone when in human form. Make sure to check your settings and change the drone movement to the key you prefer - it is recommended to use a mouse button you might have available.
In order call your drone back to you, simply press the X key. You can also use this to animation cancel Drone skills.
You need to have your identity gauge full in order to have access to Hypersync.
In order to generate meter you can use the Drone skills, or the Fusion skills.
Note that if you use a Fusion skill while a Drone skill is currently active, you will cancel the current Drone skill, so be careful with timing your skills.
Furthermore, you can use many Drone skills and Normal skills simultaneously, this is achieved by using a Normal skill after using a Drone skill, you cannot do this the other way around.
If you don't have any meter and your ultimate skill is up:
- Fiery Escape to get close to the boss.
- Command: Raid Missile.
- Air Strike immediately after as it doesn't cancel your drone skill.
If your meter still isn't filled, you can either:
- get your drone back, cast Command: Flare Beam, when you see that the skill hit the boss get your drone back then cast Command: Baby Drones.
- use Energy Buster.
- if you can't do one of the above, then use Command: Blockade or use any other Fusion skill.
In general, to generate meter you can use your Drone skills and Fusion skills. Prioritise using Command: Raid Missile and Command: Baby Drones since you have your Wealth runes on them. You can also use Air Strike if it's off cooldown.
In Hypersync you only use Laser Blade or Echelon Beam after Comet Strike. This is because:
- Laser Blade gains +20% damage.
- Echelon Beam is cast faster.
This also works with Slugshot but it is not needed for this skill because is has too low cooldown and is already fast enough.
- Comet Strike
- Echelon Beam
- Surge Blow
- Comet Strike
- Laser Blade
- One of the following skills
- Prioritise Crimson Breaker
In summary, the combo consists of using QR W A QE and fitting in S at the end if it's off cooldown, if not, then W.
Every time you use certain Normal skills, you gain a reload stack. Reload stacks give you a 1% movement and attack speed buff that can be stacked up to 5 times. Mobile Shot with the Additional Maneuver tripod can give you up to two stacks on each roll. Interestingly, this buff persists when you transform, but you can't maintain it. This means that you can keep this buff for 15 of the 20 seconds you are in Hypersync.
Hypersync always lasts for 20 seconds unless cancelled or the shield is broken.
After the first transformation, it's much faster to get your identity gauge full because Genesis Legacy gives you 40% when exiting Hypersync. However, if you cancel Hypersync, or lose your shield you will not get the 40%.
- Echelon Beam and Avalanche or Backflip Strike are your counters.
- In human form, Energy Buster is a great source of stagger.
- In Hypersync most of your skills can stagger, the most powerful being Crimson Breaker, if it's a ticket stagger check then it is probably best to change to human form as it privdes better stagger.
- For destruction you can use Surge Blow, Laser Blade or .
Keen Blunt Weapon
In case you have a 9/7 stone, you will want to instead run:
- Keen Blunt Weapon
- Raid Captain
- Level 1 Genesis Legacy
It is possible to change Cursed Doll for Stabilized Status if you prefer, though Cursed Doll is still recommended because Legacy Scouter is still extremely squishy.
You can achieve this stat distribution by having:
- a Spec/Crit necklace
- rest on Spec
- additionally, you can use a pet with Spec
You only need the Hypersync attack gem.
You only need the Hypersync cooldown gem.
Only the tripods that help with identity gauge generation are required.
Legacy Scouters should use the Hallucination gear set for the crit rate.