1370 gear score
Argos Phase 1 Boss Guide
Full Video Guide
The raid revolves around one key mechanic: the marks of the Sun and Moon. At the start of the fight, Argos will roar and mark each party with a buff.
Look at your buffs (above the mana bar), or below your character to see which mark you got. A lot of the mechanics described below will follow the same general idea:
- If you have the matching color you will be safe.
- if you are the opposite color you will die.
The Sun and Moon marks will switch after a specific phase in the fight, so make sure you keep your eye on it!
Argos teleports to the center of the arena and creates four Moon and Sun fixed position safe spots around him. Moon spots are always close and sun spots further away.
The spots will be spaced like a compass (North, East, South, West) and players need to stand inside one of the matching safe spots to their mark or die. Only one player can be in each spot.
The diagram below illustrates the arrangement for the spots with its respective clock positions. You should assign a position to each player, two popular ways of doing so are:
- These are the cardinal positions you can find on a compass; North, East, South and West.
- Take your party number; 1 is North, 2 is East, 3 is South and 4 is West.
- Take your party number, multiply it by 3 and that is your clock position.
- For example, if you're party number 1, then your position is 3 o'clock.
- You can also think of this as East, South, West, North.
After the Safe Spot mechanic is done, this phase will start. Argos will have a circle under him spawn. This circle will decay over time.
Argos will also begin the phase in the neutral state. Depending on the affix of the player, hitting Argos will move him towards the state of that player(Sun or the Moon).
If he is neutral, he will get staggered which opens a nice DPS window.
If he either has the Sun or Moon affix, he wipes the party with the opposite affix, so the easiest way to make sure he is in a neutral state is to just not attack him during this phase.
Not for you? You choose violence? Well, the phase lasts 40 seconds and if you do choose to attack and balance things out, make sure you remember that.
Every player has 10 stacks to transfer to Argos and each time they hit the boss, one stack transfers over.
So, you have four options:
- Wait for the Sun/Moon buff stacks to end.
- The whole team (8 players alive) finish all their stacks in those 40sec.
- If 1 player was late or dead and resurrected with 0 stacks this will cause a party wipe.
- Have selected people save stacks to balance the states
- DPS through and have the other party revive
- Make sure that you have sufficient revives for the wiped party members.
After you finish the Tranquility phase, Argos will be neutralized. Pay attention to his horns.
Argos will then perform an AoE knock-up:
- If it glows golden the safe position is outside.
- If it glows purple the safe position is inside.
Sun Moon Attack Patterns
Argos will smash the ground spawning a Sun or Moon circle and it takes 4 seconds to explode. If you are the opposite color, you have enough time to run out from it.
Otherwise, feel free to continue doing damage. Careful that Argos usually does it with a slap to stagger you.
Similar to the previous mechanic Argos will spawn a colored ring around him. Anyone can continue to deal damage but party members of the opposite color will start to fill up a yellow bar over their head.
Once that bar is full, they will die. Run out to reset it.
4 orbs will spawn in the area, the party with the matching buff should walk through those orbs to absorb them, each party member should only take one orb, it does 0 damage. However, if the same player takes more than 1 orb, it will deal high damage.
If a player doesn't take the orb, it will draw a circle that will explode after 4 sec.
Argos will roar and will divide the room around him into Sun and Moon slices that explode after 1 second.
The pattern can either happen twice, or 3 times. The first two patterns are always opposite to each other, and the 3rd is RNG.
Stand in the respective area according to your affix, so blue for Moon and yellow for Sun.
Argos will teleport to the center of the area swinging his head left and right and show a sequence of five Sun and Moon Slices. The last tile of the sequence is the most important one, everyone who is on the wrong spot will take massive damage. The other damage penalties are minor in comparison.
There are 2 options to avoid getting hit and dying to the Mini Pizza mechanic.
- A player should memorize the safe spots depending on their affix and execute the sequence correctly.
- Stand still in the safe spot of the fifth and final tile and use a time stop, protection potion or get a shield from your support.
Luckily the final safe spots always spawn in the same spot, as shown in the following picture:
- Sun marks are always on 1 o’clock or 7 o’clock.
- Moon marks are always on 5 o’clock or 11 o’clock.
Other Attack Patterns
Stands on both legs and smashes the ground with his hooves, causing a knock-up.
Goes invisible and dashes forward a few times, you can see the indicator of his position by looking at the white lines on the floor
Dashes forward 2 times ending with a jump towards a target, causing a knock-up.
Shoots a laser toward a target causing some damage.
Summons and shoots orbs towards a targeted player causing high damage, keep running away if you’re the target to avoid getting your teammates killed.
Jump / Spin AoE
Jumping and spinning, with a big AoE around.
Safe spot is either close to Argos or far away from Argos.
Drawing Explosive Lines
Goes in a steady mode with white lines are being drawn diagonal or vertical that will explode causing a knock up and some damage once he raise his hands. The safe spot in-between the starting lines.
Stand on back legs slashing with hands, purple and yellow marks will appear on the floor causing big damage, run away from the boss until he finish this pattern.
Does a little jump and kick with legs whoever is standing at his back, it knocks you away from him causing little damage.
Use a skill with tenacity/super armor to avoid the kick or just dash.