Igniter Sorceress Build Guide for PvE
This build encourages you to take all the hard hitting long cast time spells like Doomsday, Explosion, and Punishing Strike. Your focus is to build meter and cast all your spells in quick succession after activating your identity skill. Ideally this is done during a boss’s vulnerability phase.
If you'd rather give up your ability to enter Arcane Torrent in exchange for perks like using blink more freely, check out the Reflux Instant Cast build.
Your core 3 abilities are the most important thing to max. Then you can max your builders for more damage, and finally Blaze and Squall are just used for specific purposes.
How to play
Everything you do should move you towards having the best burst window as an Igniter Sorc. The 3 hardest-hitting spells we highlighted above will make up 90% of your Arcane Rupture burst. Here are some important things to remember.
- Keep Blaze up. This is easy with 2 charges and the lingering flame.
- If you aren't bursting, you are building meter. Frost's Call, Rime Arrow, and Esoteric Reaction should give you the most. If you aren't close to a burst phase or a full bar, feel free to use your core damage abilities to do damage and build meter.
- Squall can be used for meter gain and some damage, just be mindful of the boss's patterns and make sure to hold it for a counter.
- Autoattacks should be used when nothing else is up to help you build meter.
- When you are comfortable with the rotation, you can maximize time inside Arcane Rupture by waiting to press Z right before Doomsday impacts the boss instead of directly after the channel. This isn't going to make or break your damage, so save it till you are fluent with the class.
- Learn the animation cancels for your spells. Explosion should cancel into Punishing Strike which should cancel into Rime Arrow. This rotation can be used even while building meter. Just remember the most important thing is to not use your Doomsday foolishly if your Arcane Rupture is coming up. This is what sets apart mediocore Igniter Sorcs from good ones.
The recommended cast rotation is as follows:
- If full gauge Frost's Call
- If full gauge Arcane Rupture
- Punishing Strike
- Rime Arrow
- Esoteric Reaction
- Frost's Call
Once you get access to Relic Gear, you will want to get the 6 piece Nightmare Flower set.
You need Igniter for this build to work. All-Out Attack and Hitmaster are free damage for you. Standard Grudge and the 5th engraving you can work towards is Adrenaline, Precise Dagger, or Cursed Doll.
Adrenaline and Precise Dagger are ways to give you more crit, but Cursed Doll will just give you that flat guaranteed damage.
You want as much Spec as possible to buff your ability to cast Arcane Rupture and the damage in it.
After that, your options are Crit and Swift as secondary stats. Swift makes your rotation more comfortable and Crit guarantees more damage on your hits. If you don't have a lvl 8 Cooldown Gem for Doomsday, we recommend Swiftness
All your damage abilities, especially your three hard hitting skills.
Your three hard hitting skills and then Frost's Call and either RIme Arrow or Esoteric Reaction.