Demonic Impulse Shadowhunter Build Guide for PvE
The Demonic Impulse build focuses on transforming into your Demon Form as quickly as possible.
Later in the game, you can do this in one rotation of your abilities which means you’ll spend almost all of the fight using Demonic abilities.
You’ll always try to end with Howl and then use Blood Massacre and Leaping Blow as quickly as possible after transforming.
If you don't like Demon Form that much, try out the Perfect Suppression build.
Prioritize the purple skills that allows you to gain more Shadowburst meter like Howl, Demon Vision, Demonic Clone and Demon's Grip.
- Demonic Slash is for mobility, can be level 4 (recommended 7 for movement speed buff).
- Rising Claw is mainly used for counters outside Demon Form, can keep to level 7 as well.
Gate of Eruption awakening skill will instantly fill up your Shadowburst meter to max, recommended to use when fight starts.
How to play
Rising Claw Demonic Slash is your mobility skill, use it to jump in/out while you're out of Demonic Form.
Shadowburst meter generators skills:
- Demon Vision and Howl are the highest Shadowburst Meter generators. then you can go for , Demonic Clone, Demon's Grip, and Decimate to fill up Shadowburst meter to max.
- Demon Vision, Demonic Clone, and Thrust Impact.
- Howl also lands a debuff the target with 12% increased damage from all party members for a 6 sec (if maxed).
Demonic Form skills:
- In Demonic form, all skills become damage dealers, Blood Massacre is your biggest damage skill.
- All Demonic form skills are dealing Stagger and can be spammed.
- In Demonic form, Death Claw is the Counter skill.
Keen Blunt Weapon
- Demonic Impulse: Removes the Composure debuff, which prevents Shadowburst Meter gain for 30 seconds after exiting Demonization, and provides 30% crit rate in Demonic Form.
- Adrenaline: Provides Crit rate 15% when stacking up 6 stacks of it, which is useful since all Demonic form skills are very low cooldown.
- Keen Blunt Weapon: With the help of the crit rate from Demonic Impulse & Adrenaline, the Keen Blunt Weapon is very useful and efficient engraving in this build.
- Grudge: Provides 20% extra damage to bosses, mandatory for all DPS classes.
- Raid Captain: During tranformation into Demonic Form, you will be getting 30% move speed while transformed, but still missing 10% to cap the movement speed, using Rage on Death Claw skill and spamming it will provide the rest of the movement speed you need to cap your movement speed to 140%, which provides 18% extra damage from Raid Captain.
- Hit Master: can be used as an alternative for Raid Captain.
Heavily prioritize Specialization. Make crit your 2nd state.
Only 1 Damage gem on Demonize "transformation" is enough because it applies on all transformation skills.
Only 1 Cooldown gem on Demonize "transformation" is enough because it applies on all transformation skills.
- Gear tripods are mainly focused on Shadowburst meter gain to help you transform quickly.