Basic Support Paladin Build Guide for PvE
This is the basic All-In-One Paladin build that works for any raid in the game.
Wrath of God
Since you only need one skill to maintain your vestige proc, making sure Light Shock is at least level 7 should be a priority.
Furthermore, the second most important part of your kit are making sure that the Atk. Power buffs are cycled, so naturally Heavenly Blessings and Wrath of God are your second choice.
Holy Protection and Godsent Law are great supporting abilities, here you can choose between a shield that can purify your party as well as heal them, or a huge damage reduction buff with a shield.
The blue skills aren't as important, but Charge can provide some extra mobility with an amazing shield. The tripods to you counter skills make them easier and more comfortable to hit. There is no wrong choice here.
How to play
- Cast Light Shock to maintain the vestige debuff on the boss (you can find the debuff's duration under the boss' HP bar) that gives only your party a +10% damage buff. If you don't have enough cooldown reduction, consider changing the tripod on Godsent Law -Wide-Angle Attack to
Brilliant Law so you have an additional skill that can proc vestige.
- Cast Heavenly Blessings and Wrath of God off cooldown to cycle the +15% Atk. Power buff based off the caster's Atk. Power. Note that these buffs don't stack so ensure you cycle them for maximum buff uptime.
- Alithanes's Judgment is your ultimate skill, use this to give your party a great shield, but most importantly to fill up a lot of piety meter.
- Cast Holy Protection mostly off cooldown to keep a shield up for your party. If you know there is a specific mechanic and your party may take damage, ensure that you have this skill available (e.g. Vykas typing mechanic in case someone failed.) Remember that this skill can also be used as a Purify with the Purify tripod. Alternatively, if the encounter doesn't require a purify, you can change this tripod to Robust Protection or Lingering Power to fit your playstyle.
- Cast Godsent Law beneath melee players whilst they are dealing damage to make their experience a more comfortable one. Save this shield for yourself and others for specific hard hitting abilities (e.g. the smash after Valtan's tomahawks in case someone can't reach the edge in time.)
- Cast Holy Sword and Executor's Sword to stagger and to generate some piety, make sure to have enough mana to still cycle buffs. These skills are also your counter skills, Holy Sword is a slower mid/high range counter with many ticks/ high duration, and Executor's Sword is a fast low/mid range counter.
- Cast Charge for mobility to get away from something, or for a big shield to take a hit.
- Holy Sword and Executor's Sword as your counters
- Executor's Sword for destruction
- Holy Sword and Executor's Sword for stagger. You can also use Godsent Law for low stagger only if you are certain you will not need it until the cooldown is back up.
Vital Point Hit
Drops of Ether
The most important engravings are; Blessed Aura, Awakening and Expert.
In case you have a 9/7 stone with relic accessories, or you have access to ancient accessories, using level 1 Judgment will greatly increase your piety meter gain with Punishment skills.
It is recommended to stay away from Heavy Armor and Spirit Absorption.
Full swiftness with specialization on your necklace is recommended. The swiftness will allow you to have shorter cooldowns and move faster, this ensures you can cycle your buffs and maintain vestige, as well as build your meter as your cooldowns are shorter. Specialization makes identity more efficient and aids with meter regen.
Wrath of God
Paladin only requires cooldown gems. The most important ones are the skills that help you maintain your buffs.
If you're planning on getting the highest gems possible, your priorities are (in this order) Heavenly Blessings and Wrath of God.
The most important tripods Paladin has are the ones that generate piety, such as Faith.
Paladins should go for the Yearning gear set to provide their party with a swiftness buff and damage increase.