Order of the Emperor Arcanist Build Guide for PvE
This Lost Ark Arcanist build is a version of the Emperor build for raids. It has four main damage skills and the Emperor Card on top of that. Two of those skills, Evoke and Checkmate, deal damage after a big delay.
Comparing the two builds, the Emperor one is not as dependent on Ruin stacks and feels more fast-paced due to high Swiftness. But it is still, in my opinion, harder to play than Empress because of skills with delayed effects. You are required to hit 3 main damage skills in short buff windows and it is not that easy because of the delays.
If you want to check out the Empress's Grace build, see it here.
This build is nearly unplayable without a full Nightmare relic set unless you use a food buff and/or have support in your party for more mana regeneration.
Call of Destiny
Stream of Edge
Since the red abilities themselves don't deal much damage, you should prioritize leveling the rest of the skills to unlock more tripods instead of leveling red skills to level 11 and 12 on character levels 55 and 60.
The Awakening of choice is the Prismatic Mirror. We do not use the Deathbound here because its only purpose is to do big burst damage and without any Specialization, the Awakening damage is weak. Use the Prismatic Mirror at the beginning for some Tarot Cards draws.
How to play
Build Combo Rotation:
Evoke > Stream of Edge > Scratch Dealer > Dark Resurrection > Return > (activate Evoke if you are not using the double circle tripod) > full channel Checkmate > Celestial Rain.
Do not forget to use Call of Destiny when it is off cooldown for more Tarot Cards draw.
Tarot card tips:
- Use Star after the full rotation so the cooldown reduction from this card provides its full potential
- Use Wheel of Fortune to double cast Dark Resurrection. If you know you have time – use it for x4 Evoke with the double circle tripod.
- Death is a huge damage buff. Save it and use it in the middle of the given rotation so every main damage ability benefits from the card. Same goes for the Twisted Fate card.
- Unfortunately, the Judgment card is useless in this build since you have only one (red) skill and it is not even dealing the biggest damage here. If you get it you might as well just cycle it away.
Order of the Emperor
- Order of the Emperor: We go for level 3 Emperor for the maximum damage increase for the common card skills.
- Grudge: This engraving provides the most damage increase of any non-class engravings in the game.
- Adrenaline: This engraving is here for more consistent crits.
- All-Out Attack: The engraving is used to shorten the channel time of the Checkmate skill as well as increase its damage. Note that you can’t make the channel time less than 2.6 seconds. It might feel bad to build an entire engraving only for one skill but this skill deals the most damage if fully channeled so it is important to make it easier to use.
- Raid Captain: We have bonus movement speed from the Swiftness stat and from the Scratch Dealer third tripod buff. Do not forget the Ghost Tarot Card as well.
- Mass Increase OR Cursed Doll: use Mass increase only if you have All-Out Attack. Otherwise use Cursed Doll.
The best set to use is the Nightmare set. Without it, this build feels very mana-hungry.
Prioritize Damage and Cooldown on Dark Resurrection, Checkmate, Evoke. Damage gem only on Celestial Rain and Emperor Card.
Call of Destiny
Cooldown gems are on utility skills and card meter gain skills Scratch Dealer, Return, Call of Destiny.
Prioritize crit synergy tripod "Exposed Darkness" tripod on Return.