Featured Sorcerer BuildsKripp's Ultimate Fire Sorc
Meta Sorcerer BuildsArc Lash
Leveling Sorcerer BuildsIce Shards - Leveling Build
Want to earn rewards by sharing your builds with your community?Learn More
- Fire Bolt
Fire Bolt is here to take advantage of certain Glyphs and Passives, as well as item modifiers, it would be hard to replace Fire Bolt as it provides a lot of passive boons.
Ball Lightning is the best choice here as it improves our damage output, it's incredibly easy to proc with Arc Lash due to the attack speed of the ability and its reasonable Lucky Hit.
Arc Lash gets a little boost here in the Crit department with Malignants, which isn't a bad thing. These Malignant choices are great choices in increasing the damage of our crits while giving us another damage source. We can also opt into Revenge for an increase in survival.
- The Barber (Wrathful, Super-World Tier III): Pretty hard to choose what Super to use with Arc Lash, Barber is our only real choice. Basically when we crit that damage is stored, then sent out in an AOE while getting increased, the damage increase is a lot more than expected.
- Tempting Fate (Vicious, Offensive-World Tier III): This Malignant pairs well with our Lightning builds quite well, increasing our critical damage in a build that crits often. Crit is a huge damage source for us, especially as the Destruction Glyph now works with our Ball Lightning, kind of a decent buff overall for Arc Lash.
- The Picana (Vicious, Offensive): This Malignant gives our critical hits an extra damage component. Due to how many skills we spam with Currents, the potential of this proc'ing is high, potentially a decent damage increase. An alternative here could potentially be Revenge to increase our durability.
Esu’s Heirlooms are great because they again increase clear speed by the greatly increased movement speed, on top of this it’s an amazing source of Critical strike chance.
- 1H Weapon
% Vuln DMG → % Crit DMG → % Lightning Crit DMG → % Crit Chance
% Atk Speed → % Crit Chance→ % Lightning Crit DMG → % Lucky Hit Chance
% CDR → + Defensive Skills → + Ranks tor Devouring Blaze → % DMG Reduction → % Move Speed
% Vuln DMG → % Crit DMG → % Lightning Crit DMG → % DMG to Burning
% CDR → % Max Life → % Basic Skill Atk Speed → % All Stats → Armor
% Max Life → % DMG Reduction from Close/Distant → Armor → % All Stats
% Max Life → +4 Ranks to Ball Lightning → % DMG Reduction → % DMG Reduction from Close
% Move Speed → % Move Speed after killing Elites → +3-4 Ranks to Teleport → +3-4 Ranks to Frost Nova
Emerald for % Crit DMG to Vuln
Ruby for % Max Life
Skull for Armor
Arc Lash Sorcerer Build Details
Arc Lash is primarily used for levelling and farming, it's incredibly fast and can reduce its own cooldowns passively by basic attacking stunned enemies. The build revolves around maximizing the potential of the Ultimate skill Unstable Currents. We achieve this by utilizing Arc Lash and its passive, Glinting Arc Lash, which reduces the cooldown of Unstable Currents. We focus on stacking Cooldown and increasing Attack speed to unleash more hits of Arc Lash. The strategy involves engaging closely with enemy packs, preferably with the assistance of Raiments of the Infinite.
The build revolves around our Ultimate Unstable Currents, it’s the key to the success of our build, so we’re utilising Arc Lash to reduce the cooldown of it through its passive Glinting Arc Lash. Stacking as much Cooldown through items is also essential, as well as Attack speed, so we can get off more hits of Arc Lash.
We want to be on top of most packs, Raiment’s of the Infinite will help us in this area, without Raiment’s it’s just about grouping as well as we can, as long as we are consistently Arc Lashing we should be good. Another reason why it’s good to group things in front of us is how our Ball Lightning works, usually when it procs it does so in front of us, so it can sometimes spawn in a way that it doesn’t hit everything around us, which is why I’ve chosen Adept as a Glyph to give us a bit of leeway.
- Our initial engagement is with Teleport, followed up by a Frost Nova to freeze and apply vulnerability.
- We want to activate Unstable Currents during Elite packs, it’s generally a good idea to pull things toward an Elite so we don’t waste Unstable Currents.
- Unstable Currents does almost everything, spamming all Lightning skills every time we hit something with Arc Lash, so spam Arc Lash as much as possible when Currents is up.
- Use Ice Armour consistently, there’s no reason to save all of our defence spells for “Best case” as we have a decent up time, instead save “Flame Shield” for those critical moments.
- Attempt to grab “Crackling Energy” where you can, especially after the pack has been dealt with, this will help “Overflowing Energy” reset our “Unstable Currents”.